Friday, May 2, 2014

Travel Beauty Essentials - The Non Makeup Edit

When it comes to travelling and beauty products I think that I am pretty low maintenance on the haircare/skincare side of things and tend to just bring what I can fit into those clear plastic ziplock bags they give you at the airport (I avoid checking in my luggage on short trips). I also want to save space in my bag for a bit of cheeky duty free shopping (see previous post)! So here are my non makeup essentials.



John Frieda Luxurious Volume shampoo & conditioner 50 (travel size) - this is my all time favourite shampoo and conditioner  as I have very fine hair but lots of it, and this fantastic range cleanses and conditions my hair without weighing it down, but it leaves my hair feeling nourished and healthy. And the scent is so fresh and clean-smelling which I love.

Simple Face wipes - I don't use these on an everyday basis but makeup wipes are a godsend when going on holidays when you want to remove your make up before your "proper" cleanse, and it's also great for a quick refresh and get rid of the sunscreen and sea salt after a day at the beach.

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed 20ml - this was a GWP sample I had "found"/stolen from my mother in law's bathroom cupboard, I'd never used it before but I love it! It's a creamy foaming cleanser that's great for normal/combination skin, and I find it is effective enough to cleanse the skin properly of all the makeup, sunscreen, dirt and oil that builds up during the day and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean. Will have to grab a full sized one when I'm next in duty free!

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil 30ml - I have had this bottle for at least 2 years and use it every other day and it seems to be neverending! I use this in the evening and treat myself to a facial massage to really work this into the skin, and I am rewarded in the morning with really soft dewy skin! Oily skin gals, never fear, this oil is great for our skin and doesn't clog pores and just sit on top of the skin, even oily skin needs good hydration and I actually find using this helps to reduce the oiliness of my skin with regular use.

La Roche Posay Effaclar H Compensating Soothing moisturiser 40ml - on the nights I don't use the Clarins oil I have been using this lovely moisturiser from La Roche Posay. It's very hydrating and soothing after a day in the sun.

Soap & Glory Clean on Me Body Wash travel size - this is my all time favourite bodywash and I have the full sized version at home in my shower. The scent of this is so uplifting and not too fruity or overpowering, but what I love most is that it foams up and cleanses your skin but it never dries out your skin, it feels incredibly soft and nourished. Love this stuff!

Body Shop Mango Whip Body Lotion 60ml - this stuff is wonderfully moisturising and nourishing for the skin and smells delicious, like juicy mangoes, what's not to love? I love hitting up the Body Shop and buying the minis from the  "pick n mix" section.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or Body Oil 50ml - this is a recent purchase that I bought for my wedding day in Australia, thinking that on the big day we would be basking in glorious sunshine (but alas, it rained, but that's a story for another time). I did however get to use it subsequently and have brought it along for our little trip to France, which is rather apt as, to me, this lovely shimmery oil smells like what those glamorous sunbathing French women, it smells divine, a really warm almost spicy concoction that brings to mind balmy summer nights strolling on the beach. Heavenly stuff that makes your skin glow and feel like a beach goddess.

Tangle Teezer - once you've tried the Tangle Teezer you can never go back. I've had mine for years and it's great for detangling my long tangle-prone hair especially after a day at the beach!

Stay tuned for my make up travel essentials!

What are your holiday must haves?

Lisa x

PS I do use sunscreen at the beach, we are staying at my husband's family flat on holidays so I didn't need to bring any with me, just in case you were wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment